Irish Exporters Association (IRE)
The Irish Exporters Association (IEA) is a representative body, the core mission of which is the promotion of the interests of exporters and export industry service providers based on the island of Ireland.
The association is an independent body that includes within its membership not only most of the foreign multinationals with operations in Ireland, the Irish based multinational sector, but also works hard with the SME sectors to assist them to develop to their full exporting potential:
- It is an active lobbyist at local, national and international levels on behalf of the export manufacturing and internationally traded services sectors
- It works closely with Irish and European development and regulatory agencies on behalf of exporters
- Through its Institute of International Trade of Ireland it runs a range of Diploma courses to assist in personnel development within members companies
- The Association has a number of marketplace specific Special Focus Groups including the Asia Trade Forum, the Ireland Russia business Association and others
The work here includes running marketplace trade missions
- It participates actively within groups involved in the Supply Chain, certifies good distribution practices, chairs the IEA Rail Freight Group and is an active member of the Irish Customs Consultative Council
- It publishes annually a number of reports. These would include a listing and analysis of the top 250 Exporters, a Transport and Trade analysis and the “Export Ireland survey and international Trade Finance Review”
- It takes part in EU programmes that have relevance to the development of its members’ business. These include the INTERREG Channel Clusters programme, the props and Skema, short sea programmes, CFA-EFFIPLAT, Atlantic Arc Rail programme and Weastflows.
The Irish Exporters Association office and Council is located in Dublin, with regional councils in the South, Southwest and Northern Ireland.
For more information, please visit: www.irishexporters.ie